Re: [evolution] String freeze break plea for gnome-3-26

On Fri, 2017-10-13 at 12:02 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
I just committed a fix for it for 3.27.1 [3], but I'd like to add the
change also for 3.26.2.
[3] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=c5ca2d356f

In 3.27 it's up to translators how "Re:" and "Fwd:" get localized.
And up to the user whether to enable that localization or not.

"org.gnome.evolution.mail.composer-localized-re" also exists, to
recognize localized "Re:" (like "AW:" or "SV:") prefixes.
Setting that key (=the recognized prefixes) is up to the user.
The idea was to avoid lines like "Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Subject".

That's now thwarted by letting users enable localized prefixes but
Evolution by default not recognizing these localized prefixes.

And I don't understand why it's up to translators to define a localized
language prefix but up to users to set the localized prefix to make
Evolution recognize it.

It feels like this needs more thought instead of another setting.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/