Re: Damned Lies vs git statistic

Hi

Hello,

I'm translating Gnome and check the completeness against DL, but statistic
is mismatched:

See: http://i.imgur.com/nZO4m2D.png

Is it a DL bug or intltool-update deprecation?

Hi Danylo,

gnome-shell is indeed one of the modules that don’t use intltool
anymore. You should download the .po file from damned-lies and don’t
run intltool-update on it, otherwise some parts may end up
untranslated. One unscientific method to check if a module is
gettext-exclusive is looking at the file paths in the .po file.
Intltool uses relative paths, so file names start with “../”, while
gettext uses absolute paths.

Hope this helps,

It seems like a big step backwards that we can no longer use a single
procedure to merge/verify translations offline.  How could it come to
this?  (This is both a rhetorical question and not)

Would it not be possible to include the merge functionality with the
individual projects?  E.g. a single script present in all projects' po
folders, update-po <language>, and it either just calls intltool or
does something else.  The damned lies backend would also be simpler,
perhaps, if each project has uniform code to update its own
translations.

Best regards
Ask