Re: GNOME Docs translation - How to?

Thank you andre,
I have some more questions:
- when I'm done translating, how can I push it back?
- is there any way to test the translated document during the translation?

Thanks again,
niv

Hi Niv,

On Wed, 2016-09-07 at 01:13 +0300, ניב באר wrote:
> I would like to start translating the docs (Especially gnome-getting-
> started-docs) to Hebrew,
> but, (as I'm pretty new here) I don't know how.. (and it doesn't
> seems to appear on Damned Lies)
> can someone please tell me how it is done?

Thanks for your interest!
You could download the file (a 'pot' file is an untranslated template
file with English strings only; 'po' files are the actual translated
files but as there's no translations yet both should be identical) at
https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-getting-started-docs/master/getting-started/he
and start translating the English msgid's by adding Hebrew msgstr's
with an application of your choice; see
https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/ContributeTranslations#Translate

Please ask if you have more questions! Happy translating!

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net