Re: Unicode typography in translations

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff gnome org> wrote:

It would be nice to have a script with regexp that could compare msgstr and
msgid in a PO file, and report strings that are not in compliance with
GNOME's HIG typography.  I don't have such scripting skill, but if someone
has it, please consider do it.

Regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

If a general purpose tool is to be developed for this, I would
recommend doing it in Python (I think) and submitting it as a new
component to the Translate Toolkit

http://toolkit.translatehouse.org/

ideally is would be worked in as one of the pofilter tests

http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/commands/pofilter_tests.html

these already do the job of comparing msgstr and msgid in PO files and
are widely deployed via Pootle and Virtaal.

I'm not the person to add this enhancement to Translate Toolkit, but
I'm pretty sure that it would be the ideal place to put it where the
basic framework for testing is already in place and it would enjoy
wide exposure to an existing user base.

cjl