Re: About translating GIMP website (gimp.org)

Hello all!

I wanted to answer back and thank everyone for the responses and links!  I'm brand new to trying to integrate translation work into a workflow for a site like www.gimp.org - so all of the references are _much_ appreciated!

I am super-busy with things at the moment but hope to give my attention to this soon so we can start the process.  Speaking of which...

I just want to make sure I understand the general workflow here.

1. Generate .pot files from our markdown sources
2. Get those .pot files to the translation team (how?)  (or do we provide the .po files themselves?)
3. With the resulting translation in a .po file, we can generate the correct page translations on our side.

Assuming I'm roughly right in the workflow, seems straightforward! :)

I'll be looking through po4a and its documentation as I test some things out on our end - again, thank you very much for the responses!

pat
--
Pat David
https://pixls.us