committing to gimp-help

Hi

I would like to commit a number of translations to GIMP help.

Clone and pull from git://git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2 works without
trouble.  However on attempting to push, it says "fatal: Could not
read from remote repository."

I could understand if it cannot *write* to it, but reading was
obviously not a problem just before.

(We are talking about a case which is not supported by damned lies
because the file was previously untranslated.)

Does anyone know if, say, the procedure is different?

Best regards
Ask