Re: Shotwell string disambiguation and Date intervals

Hello,

I have a three of i18n related questions regarding some tickets I have inherited in Shotwell

a) Disambiguation

There are  three tickets (744255[1], 744254[2], 744251[3]) in Shotwell asking for disambiguation of strings.
Since I've never dealt with that, can someone please check if the proposed patch in 744255 would be "correct" or if there's more that I would need to do?

I commented in BGO#744255 about my tests.

b) Date intervals

Then there is ticket 750902[4] - I agree on the splitted string things and would like to remove it - can someone provide me examples for why this breaks, because I assume the split was done for a reason.

Where can I find these date intervals in the GUI?

c) xgettext desktop file integration

I'm also trying to properly mark the .desktop files [5] translatable, but I struggle to properly get the file parsed by xgettext, it seems to fail on the Kewords line with "Unexpected multibyte character" - which disappears if I limit the line to ~100 characters. Gettext version is 0.19.7 from Ubuntu.

Reproduced in Arch Linux, same version. Strange enough, I ran the xgettext command line against only the shotwell.desktop.in.in file (instead of using POTFILES.in) and the POT was generated without issue. It looks like an upstream bug.

Cheers,
Rafael Fontenelle