Adjustments to Akan Language

Hello, I am the coodinator of Akan Language (as indicated on the teams page of Deamed Lies). I would like to draw your attention about a mistake made by several projects.

Akan is not actually a language name. The language's real name is Twi. Akan is the name of all the tribes that speak Twi. There are many variants of Twi. Those I am aware of are Asante Twi (The most popular. Spoken by Asanti People who are known as Ashanti People by the British who colonized Ghana), Fante Twi (spoken by Fante people), Akuapem Twi (Spoken by the Akuapem people, the widely used in literature. The Holy Bible was first translated into this variant and it is very rich in terms of literature. Currently considered as ancient and not spoken except for academics), and finally Bono Twi (I have never seen a written Bono Twi).

If you have been referencing the Wikipedia page, then be aware that they have got all this wrong. The Wikipedia contributors think Akan is a language. But its is actually a tribe name used when you are referring to something that has to do with all the tribes.

Things get confusing when translating some terms. I don't know what other translators (which currently I seam to be the only guy) may use since Akan is Vague and confusing). I would recommend we use Asanti Twi since it is currently the widely spoken variant. Whatever be the case, it is better to use Twi which will make more sense instead of Akan.