Re: Team report at GUADEC

For what it's worth, the Transifex team would be happy to host and support GNOME's localization projects.

-d

On Aug 10, 2016 10:02 AM, "Fòram na Gàidhlig" <fios foramnagaidhlig net> wrote:
Sgrìobh Rafael Fontenelle na leanas 10/08/2016 aig 18:50:

> <mailto:afranke gnome org>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     GUADEC is coming soon and as usual we'll have the team reports there.
>     Is anyone volunteering to present? If nobody else wants to do it, I'll
>     do it. In any case, let me know of any highligh and interesting
>     development you can think of for the past year, so that we can share
>     them with the rest of the community!
>

> How about a online string search in GNOME localization? I often have to
> update my local collection of GNOME Git repository of of translate-able
> modules in order to run my personal grep-based script to look for what
> term my team is using for a give term, and in what context. Such online
> string search feature, filtering by a team and/or branch, could be used
> eliminate problem of diverging translations for languages. If possible,
> generate a Translation Memory as well.
>
> I'm not a developer, just sharing with the community one idea that came
> to my mind.

Yes, these are good ideas. A glossary function comes to mind as well.

The functions you are describing do remind me of what Pootle can do

http://pootle.translatehouse.org/

I also work with Transifex a lot, but running our own Pottle server
would give us more control, since it's a GPL'ed project.