Re: Team report at GUADEC

Sgrìobh Rafael Fontenelle na leanas 10/08/2016 aig 18:50:

<mailto:afranke gnome org>>:

    Hi,

    GUADEC is coming soon and as usual we'll have the team reports there.
    Is anyone volunteering to present? If nobody else wants to do it, I'll
    do it. In any case, let me know of any highligh and interesting
    development you can think of for the past year, so that we can share
    them with the rest of the community!

How about a online string search in GNOME localization? I often have to
update my local collection of GNOME Git repository of of translate-able
modules in order to run my personal grep-based script to look for what
term my team is using for a give term, and in what context. Such online
string search feature, filtering by a team and/or branch, could be used
eliminate problem of diverging translations for languages. If possible,
generate a Translation Memory as well.

I'm not a developer, just sharing with the community one idea that came
to my mind.

Yes, these are good ideas. A glossary function comes to mind as well.

The functions you are describing do remind me of what Pootle can do

http://pootle.translatehouse.org/

I also work with Transifex a lot, but running our own Pottle server
would give us more control, since it's a GPL'ed project.