Re: Boxes: string breaks

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
Hi Alexandre,

Hello Zeeshan.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Alexandre Franke
No, that is just one of the issues and it's that string almost never
fits in it's space (which is much worse than it not fitting in
sometimes). The major one is that it's displaying redundant info that
makes the label really odd.
[…]
I have another fix too but it might be hard to implement and/or cause
ugly code. I'll look into that and see if we can go with that. Maybe I
can go with ugly code for 3.18.

As it really is late and this change doesn't seem that vital, we're
not giving you approval for 3.18. However, if you still want to go
this way, here's my 1/2 to land this right after 3.18 so that it gets
in 3.18.1.

When you get 2/2, please let us know if you indeed decide to go this way.

3. We always have some specific width given to labels in our UIs so
some specific translations not fitting in the allocated width, is
quite a generic issue IMO. I wish devs had an easy way to know if some
specific translation didn't fit the label so they can possibly do
something about it.

Well ideally you should always be able to resize or scroll so that
even if text is too wide you can read it.

--
Alexandre Franke