Re: New DL option for committers

Hi Claude,

"Damned Lies" is a nice tool, but not really a full featured one. In comparison to other translations tools, I think a lot of effort is wasted on learning and working with repositories, reviewing, making the glossaries... Me, as a coordinator of a very small localization team on Gnome, find it very hard to find and keep people contributing to gnome localization, because of this matter: it's hard. I also often prefer people not to contribute at all, while it's very time consuming to review translation than translating them all by myself, and damned lies does not really help on this matter either.

I just wanted to draw your attention to a tool Mozilla is working on, Pontoon [1][2]. They also found it hard to integrate their tools and repositories with Pootle, so they started Pontoon and they're migrating most of the old Pootle stuff into Pontoon. While it's written with Python and Django (which I'm not a fan of both), you might wanna take a look and see if gnome infrastructure can also use Pontoon.

I can also offer my help on developing a new tool for Gnome, but I'm a Ruby/Rails/JS developer. If I knew Python I'd be contributing to "Damned Lies" already.

Best Wishes,
Arash