Changes on translators account requests

Hi,

as many of you might be aware of the damned-lies service
(l10n.gnome.org) is currently capable of submitting translations
directly to git.gnome.org from its web interface. [1] (the ability is
given to the 'Committer' group members of a specific language team)

I would like to thank Claude for his hard work on this and also point
out how great this new feature is: submitting translations has never
been easier, no more Git knowledge is needed, no need for an additional
account on GNOME's LDAP, translating GNOME is now a straightforward
action even for newcomers.

Given having a Git account is no longer a requisite for becoming a
translator, the GNOME Accounts Team will not accept translator account
requests anymore from today.

The form [2] has been updated to reflect this and I'll be also
adjusting the relevant wiki page removing the references to translator accounts.

That said, we won't touch any existing account that was created before
today, the only limitation these accounts will get is the global
2-years-inactivity-will-result-in-your-account-being-removed-from-the-gnomecvs-group
rule we'll be launching the next week. (another announce will follow
for this, keep an eye on the infrastructure-announce list)

As a side note, if you are currently owning a GNOME git account and
you don't plan to use it anymore for submitting translations please
get in touch with the GNOME Accounts Team at <accounts AT gnome DOT org> for
having it disabled. This way you will be helping the GNOME Sysadmin
Team increasing server's security :-)

Thanks a lot for your attention and have an awesome weekend!

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2014-February/msg00000.html
[2] https://mango.gnome.org/new_account.php

Andrea

Debian Developer,