Re: String additions to 'gnome-control-center.gnome-3-8'

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 10:11 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
Hi Bastien,

You pushed your change to master and also to the 3.8 and 3.10 branches,
but those stable branches are string frozen; you commit thus broke the
string freeze.  Please revert or ask for permission.

Sorry, I didn't know the Gnome schedules, but the change adds a missing
feature and should not be reverted.
The change has been committed as per bgo #720312 by Bastien.

I've unmarked the string for translation in gnome-3-8 and gnome-3-10,
which should be acceptable for now.

The point of the string freeze is not to have new English strings pop
up in the interface; intentionally not marking strings as translatable,
while they should be, is absolutely not a solution, and that's a
misconception that should have died years ago.

The options are simple, please revert or ask for permission.

I actually think it's fine in this particular case, it's a string that
almost never is presented to users, and I'm not even sure that it should
be marked for translation to begin with.