Re: Coordination-list, still needed

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 08:34:42AM +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
Johannes Schmid wrote:

Is it possible for you to just reject the spammers?
If so, I have similar problems, and would like any info you have on
doing that. How do people/crawlers get info on the list?
Maybe you could remove such info.

While you can mass reject mail, mailman doesn't allow you to mass reject
subscription requests which makes things annoying.

Actually I had the same problem on another of our list and Andrea
changed its settings to require the subscribers to confirm by email
first; this stopped the annoying fake requests. You should search for
"subscription policy" and change it to "confirm and approve".

Good tip:-)

What is mass reject mail, and how do I activate it?

Best regards
keld