Re: Untranslated entries in print dialogue

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Jiro Matsuzawa <jmatsuzawa gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

2013/9/27 F Wolff <friedel translate org za>:
Hi everybody

I'm struggling a bit with my GTK+ UI translation.

In a print dialogue, under Page Setup -> Print Only  the three entires
(All sheets...) are untranslated.

These entires are not in the file I downloaded from Damned Lies, but I
see them in many other PO files in GTK+. Based on a thread a few weeks
ago, I built the PO file myself using intltool-update but it didn't
make any difference in terms of these strings. Is a specific version
of intltool required? I have 0.50.2.

Thanks for any help.

Good catch! You should report this as a bug on the bugzilla [1].
It seems that all the <item> elements marked as trasnlatable are not
correctly extracted.

I think it would be better that POTFILES.in contains not *.ui.h but
*.ui themselves.
But, according to the commit log, that seems to be done with purpose.

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gtk%2b&keywords=I18N+L10N&component=general

I can't see why it is not extracted, though: it is marked as
translatable, and the XML looks like another combo box on the same
form that is extracted correctly. Any ideas?

Friedel