Re: Regarding Someone to volunteer in GSOC2013 for Gnome Damned-lies project

Thank you Claude and Gil for the suggestion.
Let me do the contribution to make damned-lies better for translation.
I will try next year for the same if i will be in college some where. :)

Thanks,

With Best Wishes,

Chandan Kumar
Final Year, Computer Science and Engineering
Dr.B.C.Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
https://ciypro.wordpress.com

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org> wrote:
El dc 20 de 03 de 2013 a les 14:43 +0100, en/na Claude Paroz va
escriure:
> Le mercredi 20 mars 2013 à 06:39 +0530, chandan kumar a écrit :
> > Hello,
> > I am Chandan Kumar who is currently pursuing B.tech in Computer
> > Science And Engineering from Dr.B.C.Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
> > (India).
> > I am contributing to gnome project through Hindi translation and also
> > acting as a committer of Gnome Hindi l10n team from gnome 3.4
> > release.[1]
> > I know git, Mercurial, python and Django (Beginner), and Basic shell
> > commands.
> > I have tried to solve sum patches for gnome-damned-lies with the help
> > of claude and solving others also.[2]
> > I have approached to apply for GSOC 2013 under the guidance of GIl
> > Forcada for this project. But due to some reason, he is not
> > volunteering for gsoc 2013 for this project.
> > If anybody wants to or willing to volunteer me as a mentor for gnome
> > Damned-lies project? it would be appreciable.
> >

> > Links:-
> > [1] https://l10n.gnome.org/users/chandankumar/
> > [2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/damned-lies/commit/?id=a3aa061a8f2e677f0d1a0870b019754709686802
>
> I will repeat what I have already said: I'm always available to give any
> counsel about DL development, but I will not act as an official GSOC
> mentor.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Claude

and sadly, as I already said, me being father in a week or so doesn't
give me too much confidence on being able to be a proper mentor.
Ocasional help, as I've done by now is what I can mostly offer. So if
you find someone wanting to put more time, Claude and me helping here
and there maybe you can still make it!

Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net