Re: Web interface for translation for GNOME

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 12:42 +0200, fr33domlover mailoo org wrote:
Since then many things have changed: The software evolved and projects
began using web interfaces for translators. As a potential translator,
I feel that spending bits of spare time on translation (even just as a
way to relax, instead of zombie-browsing social networks) can be much
easier if I have a simple web interface. I don't mind using a desktop
app like GTranslator which I have installed, but an interface can make
it easier to find files and send translations.

There are a number of established web services nowadays, like Transifex.

Currently, translation requires that you read guides and understand
how to find the files in a git repo, fetch them, generate POT files,

That's simply not true. If you are a translator you go to
http://l10n.gnome.org/ and download your file, edit it with a local
translation tool, and upload it again.

andre
--