Re[2]: Commit request for Gtk-UI and Gtk-prop erties, Interlingua translation

Tuesday, April  9, 2013 10:16 PM +07:00 from Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com>:

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Nik Kalach  < nik kalach inbox ru > wrote:
Hi,

The Interlingua translation of Gtk-UI for 3.8 is 100% ready.
I also prepared the initial version of Gtk-properties with just few translated strings to satisfy
requirements of the build process.
See modules:
https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gtk+/gtk-3-8/po/ia
https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gtk+/gtk-3-8/po-properties/ia

The uploaded files are available here:
https://l10n.gnome.org/media/upload-backup/gtk%2B-gtk-3-8-po-ia-489477.po
https://l10n.gnome.org/media/upload-backup/gtk%2B-gtk-3-8-po-properties-ia-489468_1.po

Please, commit the translations

Hello Nik,

I think it will be easier if you choose "Reserve for translation" at start,
then "Upload the new translation" to upload your translation to DL,
before requesting help for commit.

That way, you only need to provide single URL since anyone
can easily get URL to translated files from there.

You can follow up real commits with "Inform of submission" later,
as documented inĀ  https://l10n.gnome.org/help/vertimus_workflow/

CMIIW

--
andika

Thanks, I will follow your advise. I am not quite familiar with the GNOME translation tools and processes yet
and the diagram shown in the vertimus_workflow file looks scary and not quite clear for a newcomer like me.

Could you also explain to me the difference between Vertimus modules gtk+ and Gtk-UI?
They seem to me have very similar content but different action history.
What happens if the translation is committed to the gtk+ module? Will is show up as committed in Gtk-UI?
Which one of these modules is used to build gtk+ library?

Thanks again,

Nik