Re: Malayalam (ml) not mentioned among supported languages in Gnome 3.6

On Thursday, September 27, 2012, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 20:58 +0530, Ani Peter wrote:
>> Malayalam (ml) has 82% status for UI translations in Gnome 3.6 (84% for
>> UI translations reduced) [1]. But I cannot find my language listed in [2].
>> Please let me know the reason for the same or guide me if I am missing
>> anything.
>
> Hi,
>
> it's my mistake, and I'm very sorry for that. I accidentially removed it
> in commit 2b92a093d3109d1f1453394f82638c774ad1e79c .
>
> If we re-added it it would create a new string to translate for all
> other teams so I'm not sure what to do.
> Maybe I can take a look at older release notes and reuse the
> translations for "Malayalam" from there so it would not create
> additional work for the teams.
>
> andre
> --
> mailto:ak-47 gmx net
> http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper

Dear Andre,

Thank you for your prompt response. You would appreciate that the progress of Malayalam translations, as you see now was made possible by timely contributions of many. Therefore, exclusion of Malayalam (ml) from the language support list, though it was not intentional, would douse the enthusiasm and emotionally hurt all the contributors and language lovers.

I would therefore kindly request you to expedite inclusion of Malayalam (ml) to the supported language list.

Thanking you
Best regards
Ani