Re: Automated translation by word substitution

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Rūdolfs Mazurs
<rudolfs mazurs gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does any team uses automated substitution method for translating
> software? I imagine en_GB team could get their software translated just
> by substituting, say, color with colour. If so, is there a
> software/script/plugin, that does that?

en_GB has this PERL script as a first pass at transliterations and
simple word substitutions.  I personally feel that a human-eyes check
is necessary after a first pass, but as I've mentioned on the list I
also see en_GB work as an opportunity to improve the original en_US
strings where they need work.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-i18n/tree/en_GB/en_GB.pl

cjl