Re: en_GB - Let's not miss these opportunities

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar dhanapalan com> wrote:
> On 6 September 2012 02:54, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> I believe the OLPC Australia builds may use the en_GB packages (they
>> have 53,000 XOs)
>
> That is correct. Our default language is en_GB.
>
> Sridhar

Now all we need is an e-speak voice that sounds more like Paul Hogan
and less like Stephen Hawking doing an impression of Margaret
Thatcher. :-)

If anyone has an interest in expanding the repertoire of e-speak
voices I'd be interesting in discussing it with you..  I know e-speak
is not a GNOME project, but Orca is just a bit too heavyweight for the
XO's light-duty hardware specs.

http://espeak.sourceforge.net/languages.html

Regards,

cjl