Re: live branch

El ds 06 de 10 de 2012 a les 16:43 +0200, en/na Claude Paroz va
escriure:
> Le jeudi 04 octobre 2012 à 23:40 +0200, Gil Forcada a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick note: I created a live branch on Damned-Lies with the only
> > purpose to make everyone aware of the current code in live server.
> >
> > That's my answer to a question about if a patch is already on the
> > server, and thus live for everyone or not :) So if you happen to update
> > D-L translation and you still don't see it, check that branch and ask us
> > (Claude and me I think) to update it :)
>
> Mmmhh... I'm not thrilled by this idea. Remembering to manually update a
> branch each time we put new code in production is more work, and
> error-prone.

Well, my idea was mostly as an informal way to let everyone know about
it, but not a "you will be chased down if you dare to forget about
updating the branch" kind of thing.

> What about adding a link to the latest commit (from the git log) of the
> running instance on the about page?

Sure, file a bug so we do remember it :) The commit hash is not really
shown on cgit interface, maybe the date of that last commit and then a
link pointing to http://git.gnome.org/browse/damned-lies/log/ it could
be more useful?

Anyway, good idea!

> Claude

Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net