Re: Enabling GNOME 3.8 moduleset in DL

En 22/11/12 10:36, Alexandre Franke escribiu:
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Fran Dieguez <listas mabishu com> wrote:
What about enabling the GNOME 3.8 module set in Damned Lies?

Next thursday GNOME 3.7.2 will be released and GNOME 3.6 has been
released more than a month ago.

So, I think that it could be fine in order to get to work teams
interested in translate it.

Really,
nobody has nothing to say?

I'd say it's way too early. Strings will move a lot before 3.8 and
starting translations now will just result in a loss of time and
productivity, especially since there are newcomers that jump on a
module whenever there's an untranslated string.

Looking at the various releases on Damned lies, I can see that no team
has reached 100% everywhere. So if you're really bored and need
something to work on, you should already be able to find something, be
it the 3.6 documentation (which will then benefit 3.8 too), the extra
modules or anything else.

--
Alexandre Franke

It's not about getting bored or not. It's just a way of working.
We, at the Galician language team, know that in this early stages there are a lot of strings that will be changed in the near future or not. It's only a thing that we have to handle with.

Sure, there are a lot of teams that could spend precious time translating those strings. Although, from my point of view this is not an problem of those teams but an issue that should be clarified in the DL interface, i.e. with a message in the module set page like:

"This module set is in early stages, so avoid to translate it"

Anyway, I just want to get GNOME 3.8 module set enabled because I want to get the current statistics for that version.

On the other hand, We can translate documentation, sure, but again if the UI changes the documentation will change too. So again, this will be a work that potentially will be lost.

Cheers.

--
Fran Dieguez