Re: GCompris translation update / Release delayed again

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Bruno Coudoin
<bruno coudoin gcompris net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your efforts, I again got some request from translators
> to delay the release.
>
> I set the new date to Sunday 18th.
>
> Since there are usually a lot of feedback after a new release, we can
> expect to have to make a new one within a month or so. Thus it is a good
> opportunity to work on an outdated translation. Think also to publish in
> your language community the following page on which we describe what is
> needed to create a voice set for GCompris.
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/Voices_translation
>
> PS: It make me think that I should maintain a web page showing the
> result of our check_missing_voices.pl tool for each language.
>
> Bruno.

Bruno,

Have you estimated the size of the localized ogg files versus (for
example) using a smallish voice synthesizer like e-speak or even
festival?

Just wondering because it seems to me like the ogg files could add up quickly.

cjl