Strings winding up in the pot file without their translator notes??

Hey all.

As part of some refactoring I am doing, some code with strings is being
moved into Orca's orca.in file. When I run

   intltool-update -p

I get an 'unknown.pot' file which DOES have the strings I'd expect from
orca.in. This is not surprising to me because orca.in is in POTFILES.in
and NOT in POTFILES.skip. :) The weird thing is that the translator
notes which are present in orca.in are not making it along with their
strings. I googled some, and I'll google some more after I rest. But in
the meantime.... Am I missing something really obvious??

BTW, I've not committed these changes yet because of the missing
translator notes.

Thanks in advance! Take care.
--joanie