Re: [Gimp-developer] Translating GIMP from GIMP master (is wrong)

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> wrote:

> You are right, generating a new template results in 62 strings.
>
> There seems to be a bug in intltool-update --pot that only
> extracts strings which immediately follow a '(', so
>
> (_"foo"  ends up in the template
>
> but
>
> _"foo"  doesn't.
>
> At least that's the pattern I found when looking at the pot file
> and the scheme source files.
>
> To the folks on gnome-i18n gnome org: did you ever hear of this
> issue? Can you investigate it? I'm sure there are more i18n experts
> on gnome-i18n gnome org than on gimp-developer-list ;)

Please review this bug, which details the probable cause (ignoring
.scm files?) for GIMP script-fu only having 61 strings instead of
600-odd.

GIMP missing menu translations
https://bugs.launchpad.net/intltool/+bug/986897

They are using a manual workaround on Launchpad for Ubuntu (comment #8)

There is a also comment that this change may have introduced the issue:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~intltool/intltool/trunk/revision/722

I came across this while searching for an answer to why WebKitGTK+ POT
generation is munged up.  It apparently can most easily be fixed by
addressing this intltool ticket.

There's no way to specify where's the po directory if it's not on topdir
https://bugs.launchpad.net/intltool/+bug/823217

If you use Launchpad, please feel free to click the "this bug effects
me" link on this bug.  I'm hoping for some action on it.  Good luck
getting intltool to not mangle the GIMP script-fu POT generation.

cjl