Re: [Gimp-developer] Translating GIMP from GIMP master (is wrong)

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 10:55 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:
> În data de Wed, 09 May 2012 09:20:23 +0200, Michael Natterer a scris:
>
> > what was commited on 10 Feb 2012 is:
> >
> > commit eb93f484c8ad8da3606ab1b44ab8a7f143ea089e
> > Author: Daniel Șerbănescu <cyber19rider gmail com>
> > Date:   Fri Feb 10 19:35:57 2012 +0100
> >
> >     Updated Romanian translation
> >
> >  po-script-fu/ro.po | 4003
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------------
> >  1 file changed, 1603 insertions(+), 2400 deletions(-)
> >
> > and puts the file exactly into the current state. Please tell the
> > committer that he messed up and have him restore the file to what you
> > translated.
>
> Hmm, strange. Ok, I will tell him, but I cannot do that right away,
> I mean not before the template file from 2.8 script-fu will be reverted
> too.
>
> What is common with this 61 number ? Why was my file screwed in February
> down to 61 strings and now in May the template file and the rest of all
> languages also screwed down to 61 strings ? I find hard to believe
> (though possible) that in February it was just the committer fault.
>
> So, when will be the 2.8 script-fu template reverted ?

You are right, generating a new template results in 62 strings.

There seems to be a bug in intltool-update --pot that only
extracts strings which immediately follow a '(', so

(_"foo"  ends up in the template

but

_"foo"  doesn't.

At least that's the pattern I found when looking at the pot file
and the scheme source files.

To the folks on gnome-i18n gnome org: did you ever hear of this
issue? Can you investigate it? I'm sure there are more i18n experts
on gnome-i18n gnome org than on gimp-developer-list ;)

Regards,
--Mitch