Re: Small idea for Gnome Quarterly Reports

El ds 24 de 03 de 2012 a les 10:27 -0400, en/na Chris Leonard va
escriure:
> Petr Kovar regularly makes requests for input for Gnome Quarterly
> Reports like this one.
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2012-February/msg00038.html
>
> I looked at some older quarterly reports and I noticed the Membership
> Team provides some factoid stats snapshots (new members, etc.) and  I
> would like to suggest that the i18n team consider something similar
> that could (hopefully) be pulled simply from the Damned Lies server.
>
> Some possible factoids
>
> Total registered teams
> Total registered team members
> Total hosted strings/words
> Total hosted packages
> Total completed strings/words
> Langs over some given % complete.
>
> Any given snapshot of these is more-or-less just a "death by
> PowerPoint" slide; however, over time mining the metadata that falls
> out from maintaining a system like Damned Lies is one of the few ways
> we have of quantifying our results in some potentially meaningful
> categories (recruiting localizers and completing strings).  Analysis
> of a time series of such reports can indicate areas that might prompt
> corrective action (e.g. more active recruitment) in a way that is more
> than simply anecdotal.  You would still want  to report milestones
> reached, new initiatives/capabilities, etc. as is done now and the
> "stat box" need not be very large.
>
> Just a thought for consideration,
>
> cjl

Great idea!

Care to create a page on live.gnome.org within the TranslationProject
with this factoids and a way to get them (i.e. the last one would be to
just go to [1] and see the number on the leftmost column) so that
whoever does the report has easy access on how to gather the data.

A script that does that (or gets some of them) would be über cool
thought it can be done later on.

We have to honor our favorite application name :)

Cheers,

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-3-4/

--
Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net