Re: Request freeze break for: "fail whale extensions list looks bad"

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com> wrote:

> I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss this, should I open a bug
> about this?
>
> Still I agree with Andre: logging the user out is the best way for them
> to lose their work. If gnome-shell crashes, which is AFAICT the most
> common reason for this to appear, then I'd rather have the option to
> restart the shell without extensions (or maybe start the fallback mode)
> rather than losing my work.

File a bug.

But this screen is really for unrecoverable situations - it comes up
after your shell already crashed twice in a row. At that point, we've
already failed the user pretty badly, and the best we can do is start
over with some dignity.