Re: Request freeze break for: "fail whale extensions list looks bad"

في ر، 21-03-2012 عند 11:49 -0400 ، كتب Jasper St. Pierre:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 11:26 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> >> Here's a faked screenshot with the current string: http://i.imgur.com/n18Ka.png
> >
> > This comment is not specific to the requested UI change:
> > If you "have disabled all extensions as a precaution" for me, why is the
> > only available option to "Log out" (implies that I am logged in
> > already), instead of just allowing me to continue to log in (now without
> > extensions) which is exactly what I wanted to do?
>
> As I said, that screenshot is faked. The fail whale is supposed to
> come up in the context of a GNOME crash, in which case logging you out
> and logging back in is the best solution.

I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss this, should I open a bug
about this?

Still I agree with Andre: logging the user out is the best way for them
to lose their work. If gnome-shell crashes, which is AFAICT the most
common reason for this to appear, then I'd rather have the option to
restart the shell without extensions (or maybe start the fallback mode)
rather than losing my work.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Abderrahim