Re: EasyTAG translations, source string improvements

On 2012-12-01 06:32, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress gmail com> wrote:
Including multiple small variations (Capitalization, punctuation,
etc.) of the same basic string solely for some arbitrary sense of
aesthetics should be avoided

e.g.

msgid "Album Artist:"
msgid "Album Artist"

This is unfortunate, but necessary if the application follows the GNOME HIG for text labels:

http://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/3.7/design-text-labels.html.en

For instance, text labels that precede controls should end with a colon, and use sentence capitalisation, and column headers should use header capitalisation and not have a colon.

Regardless, I have tried to consolidate some strings and I think that overall the situation is much improved:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=1bc01d3528f38de16442df65abd5a282612ffab4
http://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=1c36faf1856451f641d0455c20d9aab0c9d59a32

--
http://amigadave.com/