Server downtime Sat 18 Aug 2012: l10n.gnome.org

The l10n.gnome.org and www.gnome.org servers will be moved coming
Saturday. This might result in an outage of l10n.gnome.org (NOT
www.gnome.org) of up to 12 hours.

Canonical gave us another temporary server and I'll put www.gnome.org on
that. I am not going to setup l10n.gnome.org on that server (don't have
the time to migrate it).

Exact times:

--
Regards,
Olav

Canonical is in the process of moving out of one data centre and into
a new one.  Unfortunately due to circumstances outside of our control
we a) have a very short window in which to do the move and b) have
been unable to finalise the timing of the move up until now.

The move may require downtime for some services hosted in the old data
centre, including 2 GNOME servers:

 * cobalt (socket.gnome.org, www.gnome.org)
 * boron (GNOME l10n server, known as "progress")

The proposed downtime window will start at 07:00 UTC on Saturday 18th
August 2012 and last up to 12 hours (i.e. until 19:00 UTC).

While we expect the downtime to be considerably less than 12 hours,
these are obviously fairly prominent services, so we are looking to
determine how acceptable the downtime is, and what we can do to
migrate the services in a way that reduces the impact?

Chris Jones
  cmsj canonical com
   www.canonical.com

--- End Message ---