Re: BoF item 3/14: Outreach

Concentrating on one aspect in this message:
Outreach for languages where we do not have any activity.
This would require progress on step 13 first (identifying dead teams).
I once wrote a draft for an email and actually used in privately to
contact some team leaders last year:
https://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/ContactingTranslationTeams
Additions, editing, comments are welcome.

My feeling though is that we (instead of the maintainer) should try to
do the outreach once it's clear that the language team is not active,
because if the team members didn't have time or care about translating
GNOME, why should they have time or care about finding people to
translate GNOME? :)

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed