Re: 3.2 Release Notes Available for Translation

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 13:32, Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

could someone explain with simple terms what the following means?
"Atomic operations have been rewritten to use gcc builtins; calls with "
"explicit casts may be problematic."

"Atomic operations on pointers have been added, including bit-locks on "
"pointer-size locations."

IMHO developers are already familiar with these terms:
atomic operation, gcc builtin, explicit cast, bit-lock

Maybe you don't need to translate those terms?

Thank you for the reference!
It still seems very low level, and far from common application development, am I wrong?

yes, they're very low level

Let me ask in other words. In the context of GNOME platform release notes, what is the main information? What does it bring to developers? Is it a new API? A new facility? Or a performance improvement? Or just a warning that internal changes may now break things? Is it targeted at glib developers or application developers?

I guess you need to check http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.2/
to see how those PO lines will be grouped together for final presentation.

There are section for end users, another section for developers who has
concern to glib, another one to gtk+, and so on.

ps: I'm not a GNOME developer, so my interpretation
could be hugely wrong :D

--
andika