Re: Eeeks! Another freeze break request for gnome-shell ...

Hi!

> The patch adds a new user-visible string used in a notification. A
> little bit of background: gnome-shell's user menu now has two controls
> which interact - a switch to turn notifications off (formerly known as
> "Busy") and a combo box to set the IM status. Now, when turning off
> notifications, the IM status is set automatically to busy, which is not
> exactly obvious (the reason being that without notifications, incoming
> messages are easily missed). We would like to pop up a notification in
> this case explaining the behavior.

It adds two string (just for reference):
+                Main.notify(_("Your chat status will be set to busy"),
+                            _("Notifications are now disabled,
including chat messages. Your online status has been adjusted to let
others know that you might not see their messages."));

As the IM status/Notification status in gnome-shell was a real mess in
3.0 I think that change might help a lot and as we still have one
release candidate it should be enough time for the two strings.

So 1 of 2 from i18n. But I think you should definitly ping the docs-team
about it as this should be convered in the docs.

Regards,
Johannes