Re: New team, problem logging in

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Kevin Scannell <kscanne gmail com> wrote:
> I'm interested in helping with the translation of Gnome for my own language
> Irish (ga).  There's already a team for Irish.
>
> I'd also like to start a team for the Ojibwe language (oj).
> I'm in touch with a speaker who is interested in translating a few programs.
>
> My issue is that I'm having difficulty logging into l10n.gnome.org
> with an OpenID.
> It let me register (username kscanne) and appeared to accept
> my OpenID.  But when I logged in it came back with an error:
> "OpenID failed Unknown user"
>
> Could someone reset my account and I'll just log in with a password?
> Resetting password through the login page didn't work either.

Never mind, the password reset worked in the end.

I'd still like to set up an Ojibwe team though.  A followup thought on
that - it might be best to set it up as "oj_CA" since there are two
writing systems in use by speakers of the language, Latin script
(common in the US) and Canadian syllabics (common in Canada).  Using
the region codes would be an easy, if imperfect, way of dealing with
this issue.  Better would be to support BCP-47 language tags like
oj-Cans and oj-Latn but I suppose that would take some serious work.

Thanks!
Kevin