Re: Coordination for Xhosa team

Op So, 2011-10-23 om 23:27 +0200 skryf Johannes Schmid:
> Hi!
>
> Am Sonntag, den 23.10.2011, 23:18 +0200 schrieb F Wolff:
> > I'm helping someone get started in GNOME localisation for Xhosa. I
> > contacted Adi Attar, the listed coordinator for Xhosa, but immediately
> > got a bounce. It seems that she was doing this as part of some work by
> > Canonical a while ago, but is probably not working for Canonical or on
> > GNOME localisation any more. Maybe Adi is on this mailing list and can
> > reply?
>
> Well, according to the guidelines, give her a week ;)

We're at just over a week now. I'll start by committing the translations
as they become available.

Can somebody please mark me as a committer for Xhosa (xh) on Damned
Lies?

> > If not, I guess I can just go ahead and help the translator to commit.
> > If somebody can set me as a committer for Xhosa, that would be kind.
>
> I think it would be better (in the long term) to have a (new)
> coordinator for Xhose if the old is irresponsive.

I agree. Let's see how things go. For now, I think it is most useful to
get the new and updated translations in at least. I think this is the
first activity for the language in years.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/firefox-maybe-now-most-popular-africa