Re: Google Code-In 2011: Tasks wanted!

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 12:25 -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Unless you just list a lot of individual languages and files like the
> KDE folks, it acn be challenging t o come up with five i18n / L10n
> tasks.  However, I took a shot at some ideas I had floating around in
> my head and I'm providing drafts for 2 here for comment / improvement.
>
> The first would be enhancing the utility of open-tran.eu and the
> second is just a more traditional QC checking step that (IMHO) should
> be done more than it currently is.

Interesting ideas, thanks a lot!

The first task could be broken down into two tasks (first: research and
a very basic proof-of-concept implementation; second: implement it if
there is agreement that it's helpful), and maybe some pointers to API
references etc.

Second one needs a better definition for which or how many po files to
analyze. Or even all of them, if this could be automated a bit?

Most important though: Both tasks need a mentor. Volunteers?

andre

--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper | http://www.openismus.com