Re: Proposed Freeze Change

Hi!

> > Consequently the same question goes for "String Change Announcement
> > Period" - CC'ing gnome-i18n as I'm wondering if translators still
> > consider the "String Change Announcement Period" useful.
>
> I'm all in favour of dropping it, for the following reasons:
> 1. I doubt it is really useful for translators
> 2. I think only a minority really announce new strings
> 3. It would be easy to do something automatic from l10n.gnome.org if
> needed

Agreed, can we just merge the "String freeze" into the "The Freeze",
too? Because if you cannot change UI/features it is unlikely that
strings will change and if they do, as Shaun pointed out already, you
just sent a mail. I18n didn't block many strings the the last cycles and
it oftens gives us the oppertunity to fix the string (english, type,
whatever) before it is commited.

Regards,
Johannes