Re: building html/pdf from Mallard

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 17:38 +0300, Luc Pionchon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build gnome-devel-docs into a printable HTML or PDF.
>
> "./autogen.sh && make" produces *.page for all languages, but no HTML
> nor PDF.
> The html: and pdf: targets in the Makefile are empty.
>
> Does anybody know how to produce a printable document?

Having targets for that in the Makefile was silly, and it never
worked. It's not part of the normal build process, so it doesn't
belong in the Makefile.

If you install yelp-tools, there's a yelp-build command you can
use to create HTML files. But it creates one per page, which is
the normal way Mallard works. yelp-tools in git master also has
a yelp-build subcommand to create an EPUB file. If you want an
all-in-one thing for an eBook reader, give it a try.

There's currently not a single command you can run to get a PDF,
or to get a single-file HTML for printing. It's not impossible,
but it'll take a bit of work.

--
Shaun