Re: control center string freeze break request

Hi guys,

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 19:27 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> El sáb, 19-03-2011 a las 19:14 +0100, Gabor Kelemen escribió:
> > > Select a display language for subsequent logins
> > Sounds good to me, i18n approval 1/2.
>
> This string seems important for people who do not understand English
> well, so perhaps something simpler than "subsequent" can be used
> instead? ‘Select a display language for future logins’ maybe?

Recommendation for string wording from the docs team:

"Select a display language (change will be applied next time you log
in)"

The manner in which the changes are applied is secondary to the purpose
of the option, so the two bits of information are separated with
parentheses. The wording is unambiguous simple English.

Thanks,

Phil
--
Phil Bull