Re: String freeze break: Anjuta

Hi!

> > If/when this goes in, can we please expand the comment with a URL that
> > describes the regex syntax? Even for translators who know what regular
> > expressions are, they might be used to another syntax than POSIX. I
> > guess only half of the people contributing in my team would know what
> > regular expressions are, and we don't want anybody to break this,
> > right? :-)

Sure, I can add a link to the regular expression syntax.

> Better off give an example of how one would do this if sometimes the
> string is translated and sometimes not.
>
> For example su, sudo, login may be translated (to "parole" for
> example), but ssh not.
>
> We'll need to match on Parole, parole, Password, password.

Basically this string exists in an untranslated version and a translated
version and both are matched. If sudo is untranslated for example (it is
here in German locale) and su is than it still works for if you just
match the regex against "Parole/parole" in your translated string
because the english strings are always tried.

Regards,
Johannes