Re: Network status menu strings landed in gnome-shell

On 03/16/2011 12:02 PM, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> 2011/3/16 Dan Winship <danw gnome org <mailto:danw gnome org>>
>
>     We just landed the new network status menu in gnome-shell, which
>     contains new strings (many of which are copies of strings from
>     network-manager-applet). This was already pre-approved by the
>     release-team, so this is just a heads-up.
>

> A translator comment for "United Kingdom" message could be appreciated :)
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/src/shell-mobile-providers.c#n77

Hm... Giovanni wanted to commit that code with no changes from the
nm-applet code it was copied from, but I'm going to just remove the _()
there; the string doesn't even get used in the shell anyway.

> BTW is it an iso (package) issue? Should be use a newer release?

NM uses tzdata's iso3166 file (which calls GB "Britain") instead of the
iso-codes one (which correctly calls it "United Kingdom"). I think it
also fails to translate all countries except the UK. To be fixed at some
point...

-- Dan