Re: Evince help manual screen-shots not in figures/

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 00:12 +0100, Christian Kirbach wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wondered why the screen-shots I made for the German help manual of
> Evince are not picked up by the help browser, and neither show up on
> library.gnome.org. I placed them in help/de/figures
>
> It turns out the reason must be that the screen-shots in help/C are not
> placed in a sub-folder called figures/ , but instead have been directly
> dropped into help/C, and some mechanism picks them up there.
> Is that perfectly valid? Are they not supposed to reside in figures/ ?
>
> I have noticed that other translations have put their screen-shots into
> a figures/ sub-folder as well.

Putting the images in figures is only a convention. All that
matters is how they're listed in the DOC_FIGURES variable in
the Makefile.am file. Translations need to follow the same
layout as the original source files.

You can see where the file needs to be by looking at the file
path after @@image in your PO file.

Personally, I've been slowly migrating towards using a media
subdirectory instead of figures. The only document I know of
currently following this convention is the developer demos.

--
Shaun