UI freeze exception request: Empathy new experimental call UI
- From: Guillaume Desmottes <gdesmott gnome org>
- To: release-team gnome org
- Cc: Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <emilio pozuelo collabora co uk>, gnome-i18n gnome org, nick richards <nick richards gmail com>, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: UI freeze exception request: Empathy new experimental call UI
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:53:59 +0200
As you may know, the Empathy team is working on a new re-designed call
This UI is not used by default and need to be explicitly enabled when
building so won't (and shouldn't) be used in 3.2. Would it be possible
for us to ignore UI freeze for this component? That would make our life
much easier (no need to branch earlier, etc) to ensure to provide a rock
solid UI for 3.4.
The documentation doesn't cover the new UI yet so I guess that's fine
from this pov.
I'm aware that can be more of an issue for the translation team as it's
not easy to know if a string change affect the new UI or not. So I'll
continue sending string exception requests before merging any branch
affecting translated strings.
Guillaume Desmottes <gdesmott gnome org>
Jabber <cassidy jabber belnet be>
GPG 1024D/711E31B1 | 1B5A 1BA8 11AA F0F1 2169 E28A AC55 8671 711E 31B1
] [Thread Prev