Re: Stats not updating on l10n.gnome.org

Op So, 2011-08-21 om 22:10 +0200 skryf Claude Paroz:
> Le dimanche 21 août 2011 à 21:53 +0200, Gil Forcada a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seems that stats aren't working on l10n.gnome.org, some translators have
> > reported (including myself) that after pushing translations the stats
> > doesn't get updated.
> >
> > Anyone with access to the server can take a look at it? I hope none of
> > my commits is to be blamed :S
>
> I confirm there was a problem today with stats generation. It seems to
> be related with the recent pocount addition.
> Here is the traceback: http://pastebin.com/Pbm8jhc3
>
> We'll have to investigate, maybe Friedel has an idea. Meanwhile I've
> temporarily deactivated the pocount call on the server.

Pocount writes a small database to cache statistics. It seems that it is
not able to write to the database or the directory where it is located.
By default it would be in ~/.translate_toolkit/ for the current user. I
didn't look at all at the new code, but it might be useful to
instantiate a statsdb.StatsCache object instead of using pocount code,
but I'm talking from a very brief look.

I hope that helps.

Friedel

--