Getting involved in British English translation?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get involved in some British English translation for
GNOMe projects and, after chatting to someone on IRC, have decided to
email here.  With British English being my native variant of English and
with me being keen to get involved, I don't suppose there are people on
this list involved in the team who would be willing to, essentially,
give me pointers as to where to start?  I'm also fluent in French, so
any help I can give there would also be a bonus.

I've read the documentation on http://live.gnome.org/BritishEnglish,
but, for instance, once I've translated a .po file by downloading it
from a relevant page, where would I send it - I obviously don't [yet]
have commit access to anything.

Thanks,

Isabell.
(issyl0 on IRC)