Re: Help please

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Anousak Souphavanh <anousak gmail com> wrote:
> Dear Claude et al,
>
> I have submitted four tickets but seem no one had looked at them yet
> sometimes ago.
>
> 635053  maj     Urg     Linu    l10n    UNCO            Commit Lao Translation
> 635056  maj     Urg     Linu    l10n    UNCO            Commit Lao translation for gnome-desktop
> 635061  maj     Hig     Linu    l10n    UNCO            Set Lao Team to active state
> 635137  nor     Nor     Linu    l10n    UNCO            How to assign coordinator as
> committer as well
>
> Not sure if I assigned to proper persons in charge or not. Thanks for
> your kind suggestion in advance.

Hi Anousak,

I went through the bug reports and added comments or resolved them.
Ask me if there is anything missing.

In general, to translate you would use the page
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/lo as a guide,
and invite any available translators to create an account there, and
select the Lao language team.
Once they log on to l10n.gnome.org, they can visit their profile page
and select from the link 'Join a team'. Here they select 'Lao'. Once
they do that, you will be able to see them in the page
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/lo

For example, for your profile page, http://l10n.gnome.org/users/laonux/
you are a member of the Lao team.

We used to add requests to commit PO files on bugzilla.gnome.org.
However, it might be easier for you to visit the module page, for
example, for gnome-desktop
http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-desktop/master/po/lo
and add the translation file there.
You would
1. first select 'Reserve for translation' (do not add a file yet) and
click Submit.
2. then, select the action 'Upload a translation' and add the
translation file (use the Browse button), finally Submit.
3. finally, contact this list and ask to have your translation committed.

There is a process to get your own GIT account, so that you can add
the translations yourself. See
https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount for
more.
You typically need to make some translation work (add them in the way
described earlier, with l10n.gnome.org) in order to be able to apply
for this GIT account.

Hope this helps,
Simos