Re: Urgent: release notes are not easily found on the Gnome websites (and please think of the poor translators!)

Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> Hi marketing team,
>
> Congratulations with the Gnome 3 release and the nice web presence we
> got ourselves for this shiny new release!
>
> There is a problem, though: the release notes are not easily found on
> the gnome.org or gnome3.org websites. I couldn't find a link at all
> even. FYI, the release notes are published in many languages over here:
>
>   http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.0/
>
> The release notes, compiled by Allan Day, contain lots of useful
> information about Gnome 3. It would be a real shame if people can't find
> these.
>
> Many translation teams have worked *very* hard to translate these.
> Please don't underestimate the amount of effort translation teams have
> put into translating this document. It would be very disappointing if
> their work goes unnoticed.
>
> So, my urgent question is: please make sure visitors of the Gnome
> websites are pointed in the right direction!
>
> (Please keep the gnome-i18n list Cc'ed, since many translators don't
> read the marketing list on a regular basis. (I'm not subscribed myself
> either.)
>
>     — Wouter, Gnome i18n coordination team

I'm waiting until our server problems are resolved before adding any
further links to the release notes: library.gnome.org has been
particularly badly affected.

Don't worry: this stuff will happen as soon as possible.

Allan
--
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org